The DripWave insulation system is designed to be used in conjunction with the following wall system:
Water Resistive Barrier (WRB)
- Must be either asphalt non perforated felt (minimum no. 15) that complies with ASTM D 226 for Type I (IBC or IRC), or asphalt-saturated rag felt that complies with UL Standard 55A (UBC).
- Kraft building paper (minimum Grade D) that complies with UBC Standard 14-1 or ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria for Water-Resistive Barriers (AC38).
- Material must comply with ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria for Water-Resistive Barriers (AC38).
- For wood-based sheathing, the WRB must either be Kraft building paper with a minimum water-resistance rating of 60 minutes or Grade D draft building paper (minimum 2 layers).
- Woven Wire (20 gauge): Must be nominal no. 20 gauge (0.035 inch), with a 1-inch opening. Galvanized steel must comply with ASTM C1032.
- Welded Wire: Must be nominal no. 16 gauge (0.065 inch), with a 2-inch by 2-inch opening. Galvanized steel must comply with ASTM 933.
- Metal Lath: Must comply either with ASTM C847 (IBC or IRC) or with Table 25-B of the UBC as applicable.